Author Topic: Prisoners in a Palace  (Read 11764 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Prisoners in a Palace
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:42 PM »
She says: "That's not necessary at all Lady Sha'Ar. I am getting stronger by the minute. We have nothing to fear here."

When you turn to leave she says: "Wait until our conversations are ended, there may be much to report to your commanders."

"My Lady Melodi, That was my personal journal (blushing wildly) not my official report."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 08:37:52 PM »
You have as much time as you want to talk with Allanda.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »
Kerkly asks, "How were you imprisoned?"
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 10:31:56 PM »
Kerkly asks, "How were you imprisoned?"

Allanda assumes her professorial tone: "Though I have, for better or worse, some of the abilities of a power, I still have vulnerabilities. Some of these are of my own choosing, in particular I divert some of my power to others. If anything happens to them that power reverts to me.  Marius used this against me. He put them in danger causing them to draw more power from me.  Once I was weakened, he trapped me with a Dabau's Ring. At full strength I would most likely have resisted its power but weakened I was trapped."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 11:05:17 PM »
Marius did that? That is troubling. We encountered Uscis at the College the day you were taken. If it was Marius who trapped you, that means they were working together. Up to this point, we thought them to only operate independently, each seeking individual victory to earn their master's favor.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 10:02:05 AM »
Marius did that? That is troubling. We encountered Uscis at the College the day you were taken. If it was Marius who trapped you, that means they were working together. Up to this point, we thought them to only operate independently, each seeking individual victory to earn their master's favor.

"Yes, it is very concerning. Let us hope that it was a temporary alliance or that Uscis was somehow duped by Marius."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »
Kerkly asks, "Lady, what is your plan now?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 04:21:12 PM »
Kerkly asks, "Lady, what is your plan now?"
"I will remain here under your protection until Escalon and arrives; at which point I will discuss the situation with all of you.  I will then decide what if anything is the best course of action to regain my memories.  In the meantime I will ask Professor Hargrove for a detailed accounting of the events that have transpired since my abduction.  I may also take Rubius up on his offer for a meal."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
"We will ensure you are watched without fail.  It does seem that Marius was not overly concerned with our rescuing you.  So with that, I hope you are not attacked."

Online Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 06:19:07 PM »
"I may also take Rubius up on his offer for a meal."
Rubius immediately perks up and begins gathering the supplies needed for his feast fit for a deity.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »
Any further questions before moving on? I know some people are out of town or just busy.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 07:36:42 AM »
Allanda assumes her professorial tone: "Though I have, for better or worse, some of the abilities of a power, I still have vulnerabilities. Some of these are of my own choosing, in particular I divert some of my power to others. If anything happens to them that power reverts to me. Marius used this against me. He put them in danger causing them to draw more power from me.  Once I was weakened, he trapped me with a Dabau's Ring. At full strength I would most likely have resisted its power but weakened I was trapped."
What's Dabau's Ring?

So Marius was there at the College with Uscis? We didn't see him, he must have left once his part of the plan was completed. What happened inside before the wyrm broke through the building?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »
What's Dabau's Ring?

So Marius was there at the College with Uscis? We didn't see him, he must have left once his part of the plan was completed. What happened inside before the wyrm broke through the building?

"A Dabau's Ring, Ari, is a powerful anti magic item from the outer planes. I believe you are familiar with Power Keys? The items that allow clerics and paladins access to the divine energy of their patrons when on a plane that power cannot ordinarily exert influence. A Dabau's Ring is essentially their opposite, which is in keeping with the nature of the planes, as most things have an opposite. They cut a worshipper off from divine power completely or, as it was used against me, trap them. Marius revealed his presence in my offices and I rushed to confront him, as there were items there I would not wish him to obtain. In my weakened state I acted rashly and stepped into the ring. He departed as soon as I was trapped. I was forced to use my meager psionic abilities to reach out to you for aid. I greatly appreciate your efforts to rescue me, especially given what was happening at the Castle."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 08:27:38 AM »
The high cleric tells Ari, quietly, while keeping her distance from Allanda, : "A sizable crowd has begun to form outside. Word has spread that Metura has been found. I can ask them to withdraw if you wish."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »
I have no idea what Metura is.