Author Topic: The Return of Mr Grumpy (or That's not Why Lord Arishimoto went to the Brothel)  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Do we get to further question the ladies?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
If time permits, Parker goes to a well known scribe and has several small velum or parchment scrolls made up.  The size of the scrolls is approximately 3.5 inches wide by 2.25 inches high and on each  he will have them write his full title:

Lord Parker Berko- the Defender of the Realm, the Protector of the Crown, the Doggeden Bane, the Avatar Slayer, the Destroyer of Wyrms, the Nemisis of Astral Dreadnaughts, the Scourge of Time, The Juggernaut Roadblock, and Founding member of L.O.R.H.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Benlin says, "Oh, I can do that for you Parker."  After he sees what Parker what's written on it, he says, "Maybe you should take that to a scribe."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Yes. You can question anyone you want. Clearly it would be helpful if that included the Elven woman who appears to be your target.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Kerkly casts a Zone of Truth.  We gather everyone in one room.

"Who here knows this lady?" Kerkly points to the one we came here for.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Kerkly casts a Zone of Truth.  We gather everyone in one room.

"Who here knows this lady?" Kerkly points to the one we came here for.

You get sweared at and threatened in Horarian. They really mean it.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
"Can someone who speaks Horarian tell me if they understood my question?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
"Can someone who speaks Horarian tell me if they understood my question?"

Ullik speaks Horarian. He is translating for you.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Unless someone was a better idea, I will prepare and cast Calm Emotions and Enthrall.  That process takes ten minutes, and then I will question them after they are under the influence of those spells and the Zone of Truth.

They won't be charmed, but they will be relaxed, focused on me, and unable to lie.

Then I ask, "Who knows this lady?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Unless someone was a better idea, I will prepare and cast Calm Emotions and Enthrall.  That process takes ten minutes, and then I will question them after they are under the influence of those spells and the Zone of Truth.

They won't be charmed, but they will be relaxed, focused on me, and unable to lie.

Then I ask, "Who knows this lady?"

The look confused and asks each other in Horarian: What does he mean by know?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
After translation,

"Do you know her name?  How long has she been here?  What type of business does she do?  Is she here of her own will or is she forced to be here?  Does she have any family you know of?  Does she have any friends, either here or elsewhere?"

Kerkly's questions are asked calmly and deliberating, he is not grilling them like a constable, but rather asking like a new acquaintance.  The Enthrall, Calm, and a solid Diplomacy check (14+15 = 29) should go a long way.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
After translation,

"Do you know her name?  How long has she been here?  What type of business does she do?  Is she here of her own will or is she forced to be here?  Does she have any family you know of?  Does she have any friends, either here or elsewhere?"

Kerkly's questions are asked calmly and deliberating, he is not grilling them like a constable, but rather asking like a new acquaintance.  The Enthrall, Calm, and a solid Diplomacy check (14+15 = 29) should go a long way.

The madam says: She has been here a few weeks. The type of business one would expect here. She is very in demand. We know nothing of her family or friends.  We call her by a Horarian name that means lost gold.  (She clearly wants to lie about voluntariness) She is not free to go.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
"Who brought her here?  Has anyone visited her multiple times?  Is she in good health?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
"Who brought her here?  Has anyone visited her multiple times?  Is she in good health?"

Our betters brought her. She is in good health but has memory problems. Not a bad thing in this line of work.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
"Can you be more specific about who you mean by your betters?"