Author Topic: A War in The Heavens  (Read 13802 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: A War in The Heavens
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »
Kerkly can provide a dispel.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2016, 11:13:43 PM »
Can Kirkley provide a good old fashioned "dispel magic" for Ari's backup sword?
So what do we know of our enemy? How numerous are they? What is the composition of the horde? Do we have a plan?

Verconis replies, as you "march",:  "Only the 'Loths of the Grey Wastes are better plotters than the Baazetu. Here I think they are spurred on by some haste that we do not yet see.  They infiltrated the town with Eyrinies and Assassin Devils, but did not have sufficient warriors to hold the town against our assault. It is fortune that they acted with the main force so far away. The vanguard had many sorts of Devils and nearly broke our ranks but they withdrew when it was clear that even if they prevailed they still could not hold the gate against the forces of Olympus and Asgard that began to arrive."

"Our plan is two fold. First, we must convince the pantheon of the Celts to send us aid. Both the Olympians and the Asgardians respect them enough to set aside their hatred for one another long enough for this fight.  That task must fall to you, as it now stands the Dahgada blame Habololy for this and will need to be convinced that your world will do their part to correct the situation. It will not be easy as they are patrons and protectors of the Fey."

Second, regardless of the success of the first part, we must hold the defenses for two to three weeks. The armies of Mount Celestia are on the move but it will take them some time to reach us."

"When we reach my scouts I hope they will have details about the size and composition of the host. I am hoping that the preliminary report I recieved before I left is exaggerated."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2016, 09:38:01 AM »
Kerkly asks, "Will our role be a leadership one, as foot soldiers, or as some form of elite task force?"  It is clear that once in this military setting Kerkly's already someone formal and rigid style is upped.

Benlin falls in line and says little, taking notes on everything of importance.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2016, 11:44:21 AM »
Kerkly asks, "Will our role be a leadership one, as foot soldiers, or as some form of elite task force?" 

"Oh, definitely the elite force." says Parker as he quick-draws a wand from his belt, makes it spin and dance around his fingers, and then just as quickly puts the wand away.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:18:17 PM by Valdis »

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »
"Oh, definitely the elite force." says Parker as he quick-draws a wand from his belt, makes it spin and dance around his fingers, and then just as quickly puts the want away.
Rubius grimaces with disappointment then bows his head quietly and says a quick prayer to Habastly for the redemption of Parker's soul. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2016, 02:19:29 PM »
Rubius grimaces with disappointment then bows his head quietly and says a quick prayer to Habastly for the redemption of Parker's soul.

Kerkly and Benlin generally stay near Rubius during the trip.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »
Kerkly asks, "Will our role be a leadership one, as foot soldiers, or as some form of elite task force?"  It is clear that once in this military setting Kerkly's already someone formal and rigid style is upped.

Benlin falls in line and says little, taking notes on everything of importance.

"Likely as a strike team of some sort. The vanguard flew no banners so I don't yet know what to expect beyond the fiends.  Most likely you will challenge their champions or headquarters. That will come after your visit to Tir Na Nog though."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2016, 04:28:46 PM »
"Celts, Olympians, Asgardians, Dahgada, Tir Na Nog...you are using many words I do not understand..."

Anything on the detect evil radar? 4800 ft radius, bypasses most attempts to avoid detection, and Ari can identify the type of creatures triggering it.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2016, 04:41:35 PM »
"Celts, Olympians, Asgardians, Dahgada, Tir Na Nog...you are using many words I do not understand..."

Anything on the detect evil radar? 4800 ft radius, bypasses most attempts to avoid detection, and Ari can identify the type of creatures triggering it.

Kerkly says, "They are different groups that inhabit the upper planes."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2016, 09:11:47 PM »

Ben Dothan, the tall, uncoordinated Ursinal chimes in: "You see, the pantheons have a proper name and one or more nicknames that primes (that's us) and planars call them.  The celts is a short hand for the Tuatha de Dannan. Their leader, a chieftain they call him, is Daghdha. He counted as one of the mightiest of the pantheon heads. He is a native of Arborea but the realm of the Tuatha lies in the Outlands. The Tuatha are the progenitors of the Fey and along with the Eladrin are their staunchest protectors.  However, they have long been allies of the Guardians."