Author Topic: Deal of the Day  (Read 6015 times)

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
Re: Deal of the Day
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 08:22:51 AM »
unfortunitly i'm not made of money, nor would I like to be in the debt f the collector.

However, I'll take you up on your crossbow deal.  I'll pay the xp.

<<hand you his hand crossbow>>

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 10:48:10 PM »
unfortunitly i'm not made of money, nor would I like to be in the debt f the collector.

However, I'll take you up on your crossbow deal.  I'll pay the xp.

<<hand you his hand crossbow>>
"You will need to be a part of the creation process, Istven, since you will be contributing the life energy needed to make the enchantment permanent. Hold on to your weapon for now and bring it by the Collection Point first thing tomorrow morning. Along with 2700 gc."

The next morning as you approach the shrine, you notice from a distance that the gaudy wooden sign that bore the Collector's holy symbol that once hung on the front door of the shrine has been removed. As you contemplate this and close the distance to the front step, the door suddenly lights up like a neon sign with a 3d image of the Collector's symbol (whatever that is) jumping out of the door, which is now glowing with a deep blue hue. You see the light fade as the door closes behind you.

Inside, tarps cover furniture, test splotches of paint are on several walls, crown moulding is partially installed. "Sorry for the mess, I'm in the midst of renovating."

Natsu has a nice breakfast spread laid out for you. Muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, a few different types of juice.  After you've had something to eat, you are lead to the workshop where three circular carpets are laid out on the floor in a line. Each is adorned with intricate arcane symbols, the one in the middle about twice the diameter of the 2 outer rugs. The middle rug contains several jars, pouches and containers of obvious arcane components. Natsu directs you to place your crossbow on the middle rug with the other materials, then take off your shoes and sit on the far rug. He does the same, sitting on the opposite side.

After a series of complex chants, overly dramatic hand waving, and probably unnecessary flashing lights, the carpet you are sitting on flares with light and you feel a part of your life force drained away as the middle carpet containing the materials flares up with arcane energy. The light diminishes on both rugs as Natsu stops chanting.

"Okay, that about does it for now. I think that went pretty well. How do you feel? You may be a little woozy, that's normal. Take a few minutes to recover and have something to eat before you leave. Try to limit your strenuous activity today. No running, heavy lifting, etc. And no alcoholic beverages. Come back in 6 days with the remainder of the money and we will finish this."

Assuming you do, the same process takes place, except this time only the crossbow, which is now covered in arcane runes, sits on the middle carpet. As the casting progresses, the middle carpet flares up again, followed by the circle Natsu sits on.

At the end of the ordeal, you are now the proud owner of a +1 stunshot hand crossbow in exchange for 210 xp and 3225 gc.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:50:17 PM by Hero »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »
plus a free breakfast!

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 09:39:43 AM »
Customer satisfication is our priority.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »

Can never match you.. but...

Current Alchemical Deal...

Potions of Airwalk

Who wouldn't wanna walk on air for 40 minutes.  You can even apply this on mounts.  Perfect for a budding theives guild

350gp (800gp normally)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 11:06:43 PM »
If you want to advertise on my space, I'm going to need a percentage of the sales.

You can make 4th level potions? How much for a panacea, freedom of movement, and/or death ward potion?

I also think I just came up with a great new market for you. Partner up with a tinker and make the first potion-dispensing vending machine.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 11:39:39 PM »
If you want to advertise on my space, I'm going to need a percentage of the sales.

You can make 4th level potions? How much for a panacea, freedom of movement, and/or death ward potion?

I also think I just came up with a great new market for you. Partner up with a tinker and make the first potion-dispensing vending machine.

Can't make fourth, 2nd and lower.  However it was second for someone.