Author Topic: The First Audience  (Read 17616 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: The First Audience
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 11:01:25 AM »
Natsu just had an epiphany for a new target demographic.

"Parker, your assistance is most welcome, but I caution you to not expect too much traction in the short term. Half of the city is abandoned, and those that remain are only concenred with survival at this point. Plus the scaled elven society is a very structured and lawful one, so be mindful of that. I hope these things do not deter you. If nothing else, these times ahead of us should provide you with more stories to tell."

"Rubius, thank you for your dedication. I knew I could count on you."

"Asinjin, thank you for your offer. I know the climate and the risk are not to your liking, but I implore you to reconsider coming with us. I could really use your day-to-day presence. I'm sure that when your skills are needed, the time it takes to cast a sending and a teleport will seem like a luxury."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2013, 11:48:28 AM »
How long is this after the battle at the castle?
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2013, 11:54:45 AM »
Natsu just had an epiphany for a new target demographic.

"Parker, your assistance is most welcome, but I caution you to not expect too much traction in the short term. Half of the city is abandoned, and those that remain are only concenred with survival at this point. Plus the scaled elven society is a very structured and lawful one, so be mindful of that. I hope these things do not deter you. If nothing else, these times ahead of us should provide you with more stories to tell."

"Even better.  Real Estate prices are much lower when half the city is abandoned.  As for the rest, well, you can not convince me for a second that when a city is abandoned, opportunists won't come out of the woodwork.  There will have been items lost in the chaos.  Items that the good citizens will want back.  It will most likely take individuals with the ability to walk on both sides of the 'Law' to recover said items.  That's where my L.O.R.H. brethren will come in.  What city would not welcome some economic stability as well.  I set up shop, pay some taxes, create some jobs, etc... I'll help to bring back some normalcy."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:12:00 AM by Valdis »

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
"Asinjin, thank you for your offer. I know the climate and the risk are not to your liking, but I implore you to reconsider coming with us. I could really use your day-to-day presence. I'm sure that when your skills are needed, the time it takes to cast a sending and a teleport will seem like a luxury."
Asinjin, we need you with us in Portet. You do not owe anybody anything after all you have done, but I ask you to search within yourself and do what you know if right. How's that saying go? 'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good elves to do nothing.' Something like that. I never could stay awake during my history classes."

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2013, 11:50:34 AM »
How long is this after the battle at the castle?

I need this answered before I can reply.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »
I need this answered before I can reply.
Do you mean when Ari asks you? The last week of the first month of 786, so about 2 months after the battle.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:07 PM »
Yes, then my response to Ari is, "I cannot come and spend my entire time with you.  Do not suggest that I have done nothing to let evil thrive.  I have done things for years in the quest for the light and the good."

cough...cough

"Exhaustion creeps up on me, and more months in a terrible climate with limited food would be more than I would tolerate.  I reiterate what I offered before.  I will send you, I will teleport in and give aid.  If you are still there come summer time, I will revisit my decision."

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:24 PM »
"Even better.  Real Estate prices are much lower when half the city is abandoned.  As for the rest, well, you can not convince me for a second that when a city is abandoned, opportunists won't come out of the woodwork.  There will have been items lost in the chaos.  Items that the good citizens will want back.  It will most likely take individuals with the ability to walk on both sides of the 'Law' to recover said items.  That's where my L.O.R.H. brethren will come in.  What city would not welcome some economic stability as well.  I set up shop, pay some taxes, create some jobs, etc... I'll help to bring back some normalcy."
I somehow missed this post. Parker will not be able to accompany Ari right away.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2013, 09:41:57 PM »
Yes, then my response to Ari is, "I cannot come and spend my entire time with you.  Do not suggest that I have done nothing to let evil thrive.  I have done things for years in the quest for the light and the good."

cough...cough

"Exhaustion creeps up on me, and more months in a terrible climate with limited food would be more than I would tolerate.  I reiterate what I offered before.  I will send you, I will teleport in and give aid.  If you are still there come summer time, I will revisit my decision."
I am sorry, my friend. I did not intend to insult you. I was simply trying to inspire you to action. I appreciate your offer and will contact you should the need arise."