Author Topic: Aftermath of Failure  (Read 16308 times)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
Re: Aftermath of Failure
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »
Ari mentally notes the crimes that we can charge the church of Falan with. So far we have possession of 2 weapons of mass destruction (the inanimate carbon rod and the black field), inciting a riot, treason (conspiring with a known agent of Nilas'Anor).

What are my odds of getting an arrest warrant for Falan?

Slim

What's the carbon rod?

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2015, 11:19:41 PM »
What's the carbon rod?
The unchecked power of the undead contained in a Simpsonesque rod shaped container. 

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2015, 08:36:33 AM »
The unchecked power of the undead contained in a Simpsonesque rod shaped container.

I wouldn't say unchecked, Parker is scrutinizing it as the rest of this is going on...

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2015, 09:23:06 AM »
I wouldn't say unchecked, Parker is scrutinizing it as the rest of this is going on...
I meant unclaimed and raw power rather than unexamined.  Nevertheless, I get the impression Parker is going for a Gaurdians of the Galaxy style infinity gem theft here.  Seize the canister and hope it doesn' t kill you.  Does Parker feel there's good money to be had in being the new god of the undead?

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2015, 02:25:33 PM »
Being the new god.....no Controlling the new god........well.........

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »

What exactly is involved in your scrutinizing?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2015, 02:45:10 PM »

I think of rods as slim. This is squat.

(It's also a direct homage to a classic horror movie)

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2015, 02:55:31 PM »
What exactly is involved in your scrutinizing?

I don't recall if anyone 'in-game' said that that the spell was not completed.  Parker was going to use his bard-like knowledge about both Evil organizations and Magic items to see if he could determine if a) the ritual/casting/whatever was finished correctly, b) what exactly this thing is now (but was going to do it through email not on the boards)

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2015, 03:49:13 PM »
I don't recall if anyone 'in-game' said that that the spell was not completed.  Parker was going to use his bard-like knowledge about both Evil organizations and Magic items to see if he could determine if a) the ritual/casting/whatever was finished correctly, b) what exactly this thing is now (but was going to do it through email not on the boards)

We can flesh that out in email as Parker is sure it will take some research. However, Parker's initial impression of the cylinder is that it reminds him of the Heart of Belarek.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »
Being the new god.....no Controlling the new god........well.........
Parker! Get away from that thing.

And where are those damn constables! Astrek...go fetch them.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:35:47 PM by Hero »

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 10:40:10 PM »
Parker! Get away from that thing.

And where are those damn constables! Astrek...go fetch them.

Thirty constables, all Icefians, no Scaled Elves, arrive after about fifteen minutes.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
I find the commanding officers and pull them aside.

"Have your men tend to the clerics over there. First off, make sure they are all okay. Don't let anyone leave. Get their names and ranks within the church. Based on what I just witnessed, the church of Falan was knowingly conspiring with Nilas'Anor to create an artifact of dark power. I want all of these clerics interrogated for aiding in that ritual. Individually. Same with those 4 Bladelords. Find out who is in charge of the Temple, what they each know about 'the Severing' that they just participated in here today, if they knew Balthazar and Temmly were imposters, what they know about this...thing (inanimate carbon rod), what the last thing they remember is.

If I learn they are covering something up, withholding information, or not being truthful, I will charge them with treason for conspiring against the Kingdom. I'm tired of being stonewalled by this stupid organization; we are going to get some answers. And someone will be held accountable for what transpired here today."

Ari is noticeably agitated and Asinjin-like in his surlyness.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2015, 11:49:46 PM »
Upon hearing this, Asinjin stands a little taller, coughs a little less, and becomes more helpful.

"I will prepare the Inquisition spells."

Kerkly is long gone and when he hears of this is even more somber, but says little and does not get involved.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2015, 02:17:59 PM »
I find the commanding officers and pull them aside.

"Have your men tend to the clerics over there. First off, make sure they are all okay. Don't let anyone leave. Get their names and ranks within the church. Based on what I just witnessed, the church of Falan was knowingly conspiring with Nilas'Anor to create an artifact of dark power. I want all of these clerics interrogated for aiding in that ritual. Individually. Same with those 4 Bladelords. Find out who is in charge of the Temple, what they each know about 'the Severing' that they just participated in here today, if they knew Balthazar and Temmly were imposters, what they know about this...thing (inanimate carbon rod), what the last thing they remember is.

If I learn they are covering something up, withholding information, or not being truthful, I will charge them with treason for conspiring against the Kingdom. I'm tired of being stonewalled by this stupid organization; we are going to get some answers. And someone will be held accountable for what transpired here today."

Ari is noticeably agitated and Asinjin-like in his surlyness.

The most senior deputies there are sergeants. They round up all the clerics but give Sir William and the Bladelords a wide berth. They send for a watch commander who, after a quick briefing, looks horrified and sends for the First Deputy.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
The first deputy and her assistant arrive after about an hour. She takes a report from the most senior deputy present and looks horrified. 

Giving a worried look to the rounded up clerics, and the seemingly unconcerned Bladelords, she approaches Ari.

"Lord Arishimoto, what would you have me do here? I fear I will need to send word to the High Constable based on what I have heard."