Author Topic: Summer Season  (Read 12478 times)

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Summer Season
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2014, 10:45:20 PM »
I will not likely make it Thursday. Looking like another 60+ hr work week for me.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 11:09:28 PM »
I will not likely make it Thursday. Looking like another 60+ hr work week for me.
Don't you have sick days or anything?  Surely you can feel the sensation of a cold coming on.  Tyrogatore will be most displeased if you miss the season finale.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2014, 09:20:48 AM »
We are going to have a problem this week.  With Hero most likely out, Zunder likely out, and Master Po 50/50.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2014, 07:59:12 PM »
Does any night other than Thursday work this week? Ill have to miss this Thursday. 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2014, 08:14:51 PM »
Does any night other than Thursday work this week? Ill have to miss this Thursday.

I could do Monday, Tuesday, or Friday (25th, 26th, and 29th)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »
I could do Monday, Tuesday, or Friday (25th, 26th, and 29th)
I could manage any one of those days as long as you guys are willing to game here.  Joanne works all three of those nights.

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2014, 06:42:46 PM »
Switching nights also works for me

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2014, 07:15:15 PM »
Switching nights also works for me

I have heard from Hero that any night is fine for him.  Waiting on word from Terrorshard, Zunder, and Master Po.  The next question would be, which night?

Master Po is alone next week (no family around) so I imagine any night should work for him.  Terrorshard is typically booked every night besides Thursday.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:41 AM »
Please post here with thoughts about the gnoll campaign.  I am looking for what you enjoyed and did not enjoy and whether there any interest in doing more of the gnolls.  I would not do any full seasons (unless it was wildly popular), but half seasons are possible.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
I enjoyed playing Tox and the concept now that has been revealed (Bravo to Hero for figuring it out) is interesting. In terms of future play I would say in general I would prefer to play seasons that advance or even close some of the major story lines we have open. If that can be done through the gnolls I'd be all for it. I'd certainly prefer them to the rogues.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
I thought it was very entertaining. Group dynamic was very fun. Challenges were in our wheelhouse. And I really enjoy these mid-levels since no one character is really overpowering. I would like to see the gnolls worked into the seasonal rotation.

I also really enjoyed the rogues for a lot of the same reasons. And because it's a nice change of pace to adventure solely for profit once in a while. And because Natsu is rad.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »
Looking at our possible campaigns, they include:

- Gnolls
- Tyrogatore (fey war)
- Seafaring
- Rogues
- Plateau
- Wizards (the rescue)

While the Pacyr and Palumbton campaigns are not ended in the way that the Day Turned Dark or Mounted campaigns are; they are effectively on hold at good stopping points.

Offline Windblade

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »
I liked everything about the gnoll campaign story line, special powers etc.  However, the one thing I didn't like and couldn't get passed is that they are gnolls.  I don't really like gnolls and had no desire to play one.  Unfortunately that one sticking point would keep me from wanted to play them agan.  If this campaign was a different race, it probably would have been one of my favorite campaigns.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2014, 01:29:21 PM »
I enjoyed being a Gnoll.  To me, that was one of the more enjoyable aspects of the campaign.  It's fun to band together as a pack and somehow survive a series of poor decisions and threatening situations.  When we all bared down on that poor Fey and devoured it like a pack of wild dogs...that was awesome.  I'm intrigued by the story line and look forward to future installments.  I'm thinking "big picture" and how the race of Gnolls may be on some sort of evolutionary metamorphosis that explains certain ties to arcane magic.  Whatever DM has in mind, I'm sure it will pan out to be something cool in the end. 

The only thing I'm not certain on is whether I'd prefer an entire season or a mixed season like we had this summer.  It's sometimes difficult to get into character when we have so many weeks off in a row and when we bounce from group to group (Tyrogatore/Gnolls in this case).  I can only speak for myself, but I enjoyed playing a race with primal flaws.  There's a lot of good role playing to be had with characters like these.

On a side note, I'm inclined to agree with Hero in his previous post.  Gaming for profit is fun and Natsu is indeed rad.     

Offline Valdis

• Magnanamous
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »
I really enjoyed the Gnoll campaign.  It was fun playing a race outside the normal 'Humanoid' races.  With more traditional characters, there is somewhat less of an "Let's eat what we kill" mentality.  Sometimes it is just fun to go ahead and bite off an ear during combat.  It would be fun to see if they could survive whatever is coming next.

I would like to see some Gnoll sessions sprinkled into a later season, if just because they are so darn entertaining.