Author Topic: Does Anyone Remember What Just Happened?  (Read 9849 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Does Anyone Remember What Just Happened?
« on: August 21, 2015, 12:27:42 AM »
Well done on rescuing everyone with no lose of life.

Had we gotten in another session or two we would have been able to play out the negotiations and the completion of Dedestroyt's bargain, but we got close.

For rescuing everyone and surviving the deity (not defeating), I award everyone 5000xp.

Let the negotiation with the Collector begin.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
Re: Does Anyone Remember What Just Happened?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 06:43:32 AM »
"Let me handle this. No one say anything unless I direct you."

During the epilogue, can we determine what those shell bracers do?

I gather up the bracers, earrings, and ring and stow them in my bag of holding (away from Malchia and Oira's view) before summoning the Collector.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 08:59:53 AM »
The first time you take the bracers out and look at them since you initially put them in, they now do not look like shall, but black stone.

Yes, you can determine what they do, someone step up and use the coin or xp to cast the appropriate spell.  They provide the wearer and everyone within 50 feet with Lightning Resistance 20.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:48:11 AM »
Luigi whispers to Cloud.. " Do you trust this guy with getting us back..I mean..  at least he's a non-Dane Dwarf. 

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 12:15:07 PM »
I award everyone 5000xp.
Just to be clear, this is for the rescue party and not the others who helped wipe out the den of evil creatures to square away the debt to Dedestroyt, right?

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 12:35:18 PM »
Just to be clear, this is for the rescue party and not the others who helped wipe out the den of evil creatures to square away the debt to Dedestroyt, right?

That is correct, this is only for the 8 that rescued, not any of the 4 rescued.

The advantage to wiping the den out off screen is that no one had a chance at getting hurt....the disadvantage is no xp.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 08:42:22 PM »
Vega sets up a 100 ft exclusion zone between himself and the rest of the party prior to calling the Collector, for the safety of everyone's magic items.

Luigi whispers to Cloud.. " Do you trust this guy with getting us back..I mean..  at least he's a non-Dane Dwarf. 

If it helps, remember that Luigi met Chief Deputy Constable Vega Blackbattle back in Port Springs prior to the Home/Darksun debacle.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 11:19:17 PM »
Vega comes back to the group after a brief discussion with the Collector.

"The deal is done. He wants the earrings, the ring, and the bracers in return for transport back to Habololy to a destination determined by me. Malchia and Nefario are riding for free. Apparently, the Collector cannot gets us directly back to Habololy, so unfortunately there will be a brief layover in Limbo."

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
Vega comes back to the group after a brief discussion with the Collector.

"The deal is done. He wants the earrings, the ring, and the bracers in return for transport back to Habololy to a destination determined by me. Malchia and Nefario are riding for free. Apparently, the Collector cannot gets us directly back to Habololy, so unfortunately there will be a brief layover in Limbo."

Luigi speaks up " Well done Vega, you did well"  glaring at Malchia " See what happens when your open and honest about things "

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »

Luigi speaks up " Well done Vega, you did well"  glaring at Malchia " See what happens when your open and honest about things "
"That's enough out of you Luigi.  You Wizards are all the same...preaching from your high horse about honesty.  There's no more honest form of the Arcane arts than sorcery.  I've always been honest about my trade.  I'm a treasure hunter and seeker of arcane truth.  I had the opportunity of a lifetime to partner up with the ultimate treasure hunter (points to The Collector), so of course I seized the moment. 

We wouldn't even be in this mess if it weren't for your rash and thoughtless behavior.  I had an arrangement worked out to get us all off this rock, but you never gave me the chance to execute the plan.  No...you decided instead to launch a foolish attack against the GoLK.  If you exercised even a fraction of the discipline Wizards are supposed to have, Cloud and his comrades wouldn't have had to risk coming here to get us (I pet Nefario when I say comrades).  If it weren't for my new business partner, we'd still be stuck in Stasis.  What Vega negotiated is no different than what I had planned.  You're just too blinded by your prejudice and ill conceived notions about me to admit the truth."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:42:39 AM by Malchia »

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »

Power Word Silence

nuff said..

"That's enough out of you Luigi.  You Wizards are all the same...preaching from your high horse about honesty.  There's no more honest form of the Arcane arts than sorcery.  I've always been honest about my trade.  I'm a treasure hunter and seeker of arcane truth.  I had the opportunity of a lifetime to partner up with the ultimate treasure hunter (points to The Collector), so of course I seized the moment. 

We wouldn't even be in this mess if it weren't for your rash and thoughtless behavior.  I had an arrangement worked out to get us all off this rock, but you never gave me the chance to execute the plan.  No...you decided instead to launch a foolish attack against the GoLK.  If you exercised even a fraction of the discipline Wizards are supposed to have, Cloud and his comrades wouldn't have had to risk coming here to get us (I pet Nefario when I say comrades).  If it weren't for my new business partner, we'd still be stuck in Stasis.  What Vega negotiated is no different than what I had planned.  You're just too blinded by your prejudice and ill conceived notions about me to admit the truth."

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 12:24:38 PM »
Power Word Silence

nuff said..
You have to overcome SR 30 first.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »
You have to overcome SR 30 first.

giggles.. 30... Shhh now.

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 02:07:50 PM »
Luigi, I'm not a big fan of Malchia's typical modus operandi either, but now is not the time to pick a fight. His patron deity is standing RIGHT THERE and we can't get home without him. Dismiss the spell and let's get the hell off this $#!+hole planet right now.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:10:04 PM by Hero »

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 02:26:18 PM »

giggles.. 30... Shhh now.

Luigi overcomes the SR 30 (note I did role, although his odds overcoming SR30 with a voice oriented spell are pretty good).