Poll

Should we alter the current massive damage rule?

Yes
2 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: August 31, 2011, 02:48:46 PM

Author Topic: Massive Damage  (Read 7972 times)

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: Massive Damage
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »
A reminder that we are using the new massive damage rules.  Same trigger as before, a roll of 1 does not auto fail, if you lose under 50% of your total base hp, you are knocked unconscious, not killed.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »
I've done a little thinking about this...

I also believe that the damage should all be of the same type.  Meaning Physical.  e.g.  If a weapon is poisoned which adds damage it should require a save....

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
I realize I'm very late to this party so my opinion has probably been forfeited but I think the 50% and no fail on a 1 is too weak. I would keep the point structure by size category and switch to no auto fail on a one. If you want to go w the 50% rule the save DC should go way up to reflect the amount of damage done.

Just my 2 cents

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 02:01:57 PM »
Since this came up this season, I wanted to list what the rule currently is in its entirety.

- Massive damage save is caused when a creature takes an amount of damage for one source of one type.
- The amount of damage is based on the size of the creature.  40 for medium, and up or down 10 for every size category, to a minimum of 10.
- The DC of the save is 10 plus 1 for every 5 points of damage above the amount needed to cause the save.
- Only physical non magical damage can cause a massive damage save.
- A failed save where the damage was more than half of your maximum hp causes death.
- A failed save where the damage was less than half of your maximum hp causes unconsciousness at -1 hp.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2019, 08:14:47 AM »
If anyone has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace.  I will lock the topic in a week.