Author Topic: BAB  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
BAB
« on: March 01, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »
This may be printed somewhere, but I don't feel like looking it up, so does anyone know if base attack bonus increases at epic levels?  I'm pretty sure a character can't have more than 4 base attacks without using feats, spells, special abilities, or flurry, but does the actual number ever go up?  For instance, does an epic fighter have +21/+16/+11/+6 at 21st level or does it cap?   

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
Re: BAB
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »
As per my epic rules, number of attacks cap, but BAB does not.  This is not different from SRD rules, but how it increases is different.

A character with only fighter type levels at 30th level would have +30 / +25 / +20 / +15.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
Do your epic rules apply only to mortal PC's?  Do the rules change if you ascend to godhood? 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 09:52:44 PM »
Once you become a deity, there are a whole extra set of bonuses you get.  You could be epic level and a deity, or in theory be a deity and not epic level.

The deities do get rule alterations as they get powerful (for example, a 1 is not an auto miss on an attack).  Those rules are defined in the deity book from wizards.

To the best of my knowledge, however, there is nothing ever that allows your base four attacks to increase.  Haste, two weapons, AoOs and all can give you extra, but even the deities cannot get above that base four.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:15:12 PM »
Once you become a deity, there are a whole extra set of bonuses you get.  You could be epic level and a deity, or in theory be a deity and not epic level.

The deities do get rule alterations as they get powerful (for example, a 1 is not an auto miss on an attack).  Those rules are defined in the deity book from wizards.

To the best of my knowledge, however, there is nothing ever that allows your base four attacks to increase.  Haste, two weapons, AoOs and all can give you extra, but even the deities cannot get above that base four.
That's good to know.  So unless you're a Gatori monk deity with the extra tail whip using flurry who's hasted; you're out of luck.   ;D 

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »
Bite, Tail, 5 Flurried Claws, Snap Kick, Haste with the Jaswapan Striker Prestige class.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »
Some deities get a fifth base attack I believe from a salient divine ability. Tenth level Weapon Master epic prestige class gets you a fifth attack as well.