Author Topic: Epilogue/Prologue  (Read 27588 times)

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
Re: Epilogue/Prologue
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 12:30:56 AM »
Is Asinjin here?
That's a good point.  Is Rubius still here as well?

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »
If he were, wouldn't he care about the legal stability?

Is Asinjin here?  If so, is this the same day as the battle?

Only Ari can hear the Marshal.

Everyone is still here. It's only a few hours after the battle.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »
Shaar stands forward of Ari between him and the Clerics..Her Guisarm held steady angled in front of her at the ready.. glowering. 

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 09:09:54 PM »
Shaar stands forward of Ari between him and the Clerics..Her Guisarm held steady angled in front of her at the ready.. glowering.   
That's not necessary. Stand down Shaar. Give me some space.

He steps forward, unbuckling his long sword and handing it to a woman.
"Gavin, I understand do not like this, but this is how it must be. Your clergy is accused of committing some very serious crimes in this place. We cannot have you wandering about, potentially affecting the outcome of the investigation. What would you have me do?"

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2015, 08:43:44 PM »
That's not necessary. Stand down Shaar. Give me some space.
"Gavin, I understand do not like this, but this is how it must be. Your clergy is accused of committing some very serious crimes in this place. We cannot have you wandering about, potentially affecting the outcome of the investigation. What would you have me do?"

Sorry, we switched cell carriers over the weekend. Always an adventure.

Gavin replies: "We have answered the call of our church and our power. We have saved Falan from an inexorable descent into darkness.  You serve the power of freedom but you speak to us of an obligation to society at large. Neither of our powers gives us such a command.  If Tfop again chose to leave the Counsil would you not follow him, knowing a crusade against your faith would surely follow and innocent lives would be lost?"

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 09:42:35 PM »
I am not debating ethics with you because there is no debate here. Blind faith is not an excuse to betray the Light. And it is not a free pass to commit multiple crimes. Your religion knowingly aligned yourself with the planet's most vile agent of Darkness for personal gain. Actions have consequences. Your crimes will be investigated, and if justice prevails, some of you will be going to prison.

I am asking you, logistically, what you would have me do here. I will not give you the chance to influence the investigation by staying here. And it seems you would rather resort to violence than own up to your actions and let this investigation occur un-impeded. I know many of your are good-hearted and I do not want to raise a sword against you.

So my suggestion is this: You did something you know was risky. And dangerous. And illegal. And, it seems, you think it was worth it. So take responsibility for your decisions, accept whatever punishment the Kingdom's legal system deals out, and move on with repairing the damage you have done today.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »
I am not debating ethics with you because there is no debate here. Blind faith is not an excuse to betray the Light. And it is not a free pass to commit multiple crimes. Your religion knowingly aligned yourself with the planet's most vile agent of Darkness for personal gain. Actions have consequences. Your crimes will be investigated, and if justice prevails, some of you will be going to prison.

I am asking you, logistically, what you would have me do here. I will not give you the chance to influence the investigation by staying here. And it seems you would rather resort to violence than own up to your actions and let this investigation occur un-impeded. I know many of your are good-hearted and I do not want to raise a sword against you.

So my suggestion is this: You did something you know was risky. And dangerous. And illegal. And, it seems, you think it was worth it. So take responsibility for your decisions, accept whatever punishment the Kingdom's legal system deals out, and move on with repairing the damage you have done today.
"We have committed no crime. No one here conspired with agents of darkness, knowingly or otherwise. We saved Falan from a fall that all could see quickly approaching. The evil is safely contained and has not left the walls of our temple.  Perhaps you are not as familiar with the laws of the Kingdom as you think.  No one here has raised a sword to resist you but if that is your wish . . ."

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 09:32:57 PM »
If that's true, then the investigation will show just that and you will have nothing to be concerned about.

So please gather your fellows and vacate the crime scene so we can all get this over with.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2015, 02:42:31 PM »
If that's true, then the investigation will show just that and you will have nothing to be concerned about.

So please gather your fellows and vacate the crime scene so we can all get this over with.

If you will allow the bladelords and a few mid level clerics or one senior cleric to remain in the dormitories I will convince the others to leave and seek shelter with our faithful in the city.

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »
Asinjin says in an aside to Ari, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bigtop indicate that at least he knew of the connection?"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 03:26:59 AM by Asinjin »
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline whitesword

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2015, 10:48:03 AM »
Asinjin says in an aside to Ari, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bigtop indicate that at least he knew of the connection?"

Minus XP for deleting the DM's quote

Offline Asinjin

• DM
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Habololy
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2015, 11:10:05 AM »
I don't know what your talking about.
The hand that rolls the Dice rules the world.

Offline Malchia

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »
I don't know what your talking about.
The GoLK strikes again...wait, what was I just saying?

Offline Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 11:22:28 PM »
If you will allow the bladelords and a few mid level clerics or one senior cleric to remain in the dormitories I will convince the others to leave and seek shelter with our faithful in the city.
One cleric and one bladelord of my choosing. That is my only offer.

Offline Zunder

• Global Moderator
  • no one is youer then you
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
One cleric and one bladelord of my choosing. That is my only offer.

Sha'Ar mumbles something about.. " Hope he doesn't choose the elf, he's crunchy "